Saturday, March 12, 2011

Steampunk and friends go hand in hand :)

I made some new friends at school on Wednesday, and got to hang out with them again yesterday after class which was super fun. There was a group of people I used to run around with all the time from school, but after a while things began fall apart. Bad feelings emerged and I realized I would rather hang out by myself than continue to be cast out and made to feel like I didn't deserve them. So finally after what seemed like an eternity, I got tired of sitting by myself and began to seek people out--my friend Shirley introduced me to her friend Andrea, who happened to be friends with a girl in one of my classes, and they were all friends with a few others, and thus my months of solitude ended.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I have lots of wonderful friends, and in fact I was asked to be the Maid of Honor in my BFF Emily's wedding which is taking place next Saturday. Unfortunately, most of my friends live out of town, or go to school elsewhere, or have jobs that inhibit our ability to hang out on a regular basis. But anyway, new friends. They seem to like me and everything is good--one of the guys, Steven, complimented me on the boots I was wearing, which are my fave since they're kind of steamy--



aww yeah. Check out those faux brass buttons! Side note: I looove boots. I have 9 pairs. :D

I wanted to launch into my steampunk love rant, but I stopped myself, and decided to give a simple "thank you" and smile instead. It was bad enough that I was wearing my Aquabats shirt--

"Yeah, I saw them live at a show in January. A show, you know, like a ...concert? No it wasn't as big as Metallica's. But yes, they're a ska band. Oh, what's ska? Um, like reggae on speed. Reggae. You know reggae...Bob Marley?...yeah, well anyway, they're a ska band, but kind of with a comedy element....no not like Weird Al. Well they're sort of like super heros, but...uh..." 

I'm not weird and unrelatable,  I swear! I just happen to be a fan of some really awesome off the wall stuff.

But anyway, I figured I'd share this fab song I've had stuck in my head for a couple of days now.

The Watchmaker's Apprentice by Clockwork Quartet--they're a steampunk group I found mentioned over in the comments section on EPBOT



have a great spring break and stay safe!

Ana :)

No comments:

Post a Comment