Friday, March 25, 2011

So.

I just watched the music video of Lady Gaga's "Born This Way".

I know, I know.

I was curious alright?

Before I watched it I was thinking about back when Harry Potter fandom was at its peak (I was totally there, dude) and people were going bananas and saying that it was the devil's work. That J.K Rowling was a devil worshiper, that she sold her soul for success for her book, that the whole thing was garbage, etc., etc., etc.

I thought they were being totally ridiculous, especially since most of these people had never even bothered to crack open any of the books, but were making these harsh judgements based on hearsay.
And then I realized that I was no better than they, seeing as I'd never really given Lady Gaga a chance, but just thought she was the newest loony fad that would eventually die out. I heard one song by her before, like 3 years ago and decided she was crap. Not just crap, but insanely weird for the sake of being weird crap.

And then today I was wandering around on YouTube when I realized I really wanted to see the video. I mean, it couldn't hurt could it?

So I did a search and clicked the thumbnail.

And my mind was kind of blown.

The video is awesome. No seriously, if you haven't watched it yet, go, watch it now.




I'll wait.





:P



But anyways, she actually has a really cool voice! And the song is just so darn catchy, I'm pretty sure I'm going to have it stuck in my head all day. And I drooled a little bit when I saw the skeleton makeup.

I really liked the whole creepy sci-fi look of it at the beginning, it sort of reminded me of some kind of Coraline meets Rocky Horror mashup.

The whole thing is just really slick, from effects to vocals, to lyrics....


Lady Gaga, I kind of respect you now.

And I'm sorry I called you Lady Caca. Even though it was really funny.
xD

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment